NASHVILLE—The jackpot for tonight’s gargantuan Mega Millions drawing has been raised from $654 million to a record-shattering $667 million, sending jackpot fever even higher throughout the state and beyond.
This is the highest jackpot in the game’s history and the third largest in U.S. lottery history. Meanwhile, the jackpot for Powerball has also reached an incredible high, standing at $345 million for Wednesday night.
“Players are having fun and ticket sales are growing, which is great news for the education programs we fund,” said Rebecca Hargrove, President and CEO of the Tennessee Education Lottery. “As always, we remind players to have fun, but play responsibly. It only takes one ticket to win.”
Mega Millions is popular in Tennessee and has generated approximately $153.7 million for education since the game launched here on Jan. 31, 2010. Fourteen Tennessee players have won $1 million or more playing the game, including a $61 million jackpot won by a mother and son from Bellevue. All told, Mega Millions players in the state have won more than $138.2 million in prizes.
About Mega Millions:
- Players have until approximately 9:45 p.m. CT/10:45 p.m. ET tonight (Tuesday) to purchase a ticket for the big drawing.
- Estimated jackpot is $667 million. Cash value is approximately $380 million.
- Overall odds to win any prize: 1 in 24. Odds of winning the jackpot: 1 in 303 million
- Tickets are $2. The Megaplier multiplier option is an additional $1. Prizes on all Megaplier tickets are multiplied except for the jackpot.
- Drawings are held at 10 p.m. CT/11 p.m. ET on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- How to Play: Players select five numbers from 1 to 70 and one Mega Ball number from 1 to 25. There are nine prize tiers, ranging from $2 to the jackpot.
- The second-largest Mega Millions jackpot was $656 million on March 30, 2012, with winning tickets purchased in Illinois, Kansas and Maryland.
- For more details, visit http://www.megamillions.com/
- Players have until 8:59 p.m. CT/9:59 ET on Wednesday to purchase tickets.
- Estimated jackpot is $345 million. Cash value is approximately $199 million.
- Overall odds to win a prize are 1 in 24.9. Odds to win the jackpot are approximately 1 in 292 million.
- Tickets are $2. The Power Play multiplier option is an additional $1.
- Playing Powerball is easy! Just select any five numbers from 1 to 69 and one Powerball number from 1 to 26, or choose Quick Pick and let the computer randomly pick any or all of your numbers.
- Powerball drawings are held at 9:59 p.m. CT/10:59 p.m. ET on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- For more details, visit https://www.powerball.com/.
About the Tennessee Education Lottery Corporation
The Tennessee Education Lottery Corporation operates entirely from the revenue it generates through the sale of its products. Since January 20, 2004, the Lottery has raised more than $4.7 billion to fund designated education programs, including after-school programs, college grants and scholarships and the Governor’s Drive to 55 initiatives.
In addition to the educational beneficiaries, players have won more than $12.9 billion in prizes and Lottery retailers have earned more than $1.2 billion in retailer commissions.
For additional information, visit tnlottery.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. Have Fun. Play Responsibly.