|All eyes on TN Lottery President & CEO Rebecca Hargrove as she congratulates lucky retailer!
NASHVILLE - The Tennessee Lottery announced today the Tennessee location that sold one of the three lucky Powerball tickets that will share the world-record jackpot of $1.58 BILLION - Naifeh’s, 27 Crigger, Munford, TN 38058. Two other tickets were sold for the historic drawing, one in California and one in Florida.
Rebecca Hargrove, Lottery President and CEO, presented the Tennessee retailer with a $25,000 selling bonus today at the store in Munford, and congratulated the lucky owner.
Meanwhile, no word about who is holding the winning Tennessee ticket. Lottery officials advise that the lucky ticket-holder sign the back of the ticket, keep it in a secure location, consult with a financial advisor, and call the Lottery headquarters in Nashville before coming to claim the prize.
The Lottery will release additional details as they become available. Until then, here are a few quick facts:
• Jackpot Winner: Player matched all six Powerball numbers drawn on Wednesday, January 13, 2016.
• The Tennessee winner shares the historic world-record jackpot of $1.58 BILLION with a winner in California and a winner in Florida. (Present cash value is estimated at $983.5 million.)
• The three lucky winners will split the colossal jackpot resulting in $528.8 million prize for each winner.
• This is the second Tennessee Lottery Powerball jackpot win in a row.
• There have been 65 Powerball winners in Tennessee of $1 million or more; 5 of those have been jackpot winners.
• The Tennessee Lottery has now sold 180 winning Lottery tickets worth a million dollars or more.
• This is the largest overall prize and the fifth Powerball jackpot winner for the Tennessee Lottery. Other Powerball jackpot winners in Tennessee were: a $259.8 million prize won in Knoxville, June 2014; $144.1 million prize won in Antioch in November 2015; $50 million won in Knox County, March 2015; $25.5 million won in South Pittsburgh, TN, March 2005
The winner has 180 days from the date of the drawing to claim the prize.
About the Tennessee Education Lottery
The Tennessee Education Lottery Corporation operates entirely from the revenue it generates through the sale of its products. Since January 20, 2004, the Lottery has raised more than $3.5 billion for designated education programs to fund college grants and scholarships, a variety of after-school programs and the new Tennessee Promise initiative.
In addition to the educational beneficiaries, players have won more than $8.7 billion in prizes and Lottery retailer partners have earned more than $896 million in retailer commissions. For additional information, visit tnlottery.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. Have Fun. Play Responsibly.
Return to Newsroom